How to Become a Member:
In order to become a member of the Essex County Branch, you must first register as a member of Ontario Ancestors (OGS). Registration information for Ontario Ancestors can be found on their website under Join.
To join any of the branches, there is an additional fee per branch as shown on the OGS website.
The Essex County Branch membership is:
$15.00 per individual (2021) for 12 months
$15.00 per institution (2021) for 12 months
Contact email@example.com regarding questions on membership(s)
- Supporting the local volunteers in the development & preservation of documents
- Supporting Public Awareness / Education / Assistance activities
- Access to newsletters, meetings, conferences (unpublished resources)
- Research collaboration (ideas)
- Networking with other researchers & friends
- Assistance with the Family Puzzle (Brickwalls)
For more reasons to get involved read the interview of Shirley Sturdevant, President OGS 2012
What can I do in the Members’ Library section of the OGS web site?
- research using our Members Only databases
- visit the Members’ Library sites for your branches (Indexes are now being added)
- access the new Electronic Newsleaf
- read back issues of Families and e-Newsleaf
- post on the Member Message board
- ask questions or assist on the Technical Support Message Board
- link through to Pay Per View
- download Pedigree charts for use in your research
- view your member profile and update your contact information
- change your password should you need to
Changes to your mailing address, email address or telephone number? Be sure to let us know so that we can keep you up-to-date!